Mineral Powder Foundation
Discover a mineral foundation that provides ample coverage and allows the skin to breathe. This weightless formula goes on smooth for a natural-looking, long-lasting finish. A little bit of this powder foundation goes a long way. Build your coverage as desired to reduce the appearance of pores and cover imperfections. Our loose powder foundation contains Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide, both physical UV filters for added protection, and is available in a wide range of shades featuring warm and cool undertones. Find the shade that is most flattering to you. All Kari Gran mineral makeup is free of talc, parabens, synthetic fragrance and dyes, and is never tested on animals.
Here's a helpful guide to our foundation numbers.
Long-lasting, breathable coverage
Free of talc, synthetic fragrance and dyes
Cruelty-Free: tested on our skin, never on animals
Eco-luxe and formulated without parabens
- The Mineral Makeup products should be used very sparingly. Please note that they are extremely concentrated and only require a small amount of product. Start with a small amount and “build” with additional layers to find the perfect coverage for you. You can go from sheer to opaque coverage with one simple product.
- Using the residue from the cap or lid will be plenty to start. If this is your first time using a mineral makeup, have patience. You will know if you have over applied if the powder is sitting in your fine facial lines, or looks cakey.
- You will know if you have applied the powder too soon after your moisturizer if you have a streaky appearance or again, if it’s too cakey. Allow time for your moisturizer to set in, a minute or two should suffice.
- In order to achieve a medium to heavy coverage, we suggest using a foundation brush or sponge for application which will result in a heavier and more intense coverage.
- For liquid foundations, our little trick is to mix one pump of Essential Serum or Essential SPF to a little bit of the powder and blend to the desired color and consistency and then apply to the face.
- The Essential Hydrating Tonic does a nice job of setting your mineral makeup. Mist 3-4 pumps and you are done.
Fragrance-free, dye-free, paraben-free and cruelty-free
- Kari Gran
- customer service
- skin tone
- mineral powder
Mineral powder has good coverage and not much is needed. Seems to last all day.
I rarely write a review but I can honestly say that this mineral foundation is the best I have ever had. My skin tone is light with yellow undertones and extremely hard to match, so I was a bit skeptical about ordering shade #1. It is PERFECT. I also noticed the little "sparkles" in the foundation and was worried that they would leave my face glittery. This wasn't the case AT ALL. My favorite way of using this product is to mix a little bit of primer and moisturizer together and add just a tiny bit of the foundation into it before applying it on my face, It leaves an amazing, natural finish. I'm in love!!!
So pleased to have found this. Great coverage for my sensitive skin- adult acne, treating with benzoyl peroxide and glycolic acid. Doesn't irritate and is super easy to apply with a brush; covers anything you need it to. Customer service is awesome as well.
Is lovely used as a dry powder over my tinted moisturizer w/spf. When I want a little more coverage, I mix up a bit with the essential serum to make a liquid foundation. Funny thing is, I thought it would be difficult and messy but it’s not. It’s easy peesy. The powder dissolves almost immediately into the serum. Just swirl into the palm of your hand and voila it’s ready to apply.
I was devoted to Prescriptives’ powder foundation but when they recently went out of business, I had to find a replacement. My first try with another company was terrible—cakey and oily. I googled “glowy powder foundation” and came up with Kari Gran so I tried it. The texture and finish of the foundation is really nice, as good or better than Prescriptives! I ordered shade 2, since I’m usually around that shade, but when it arrived, it was too dark. Kari Gran replaced it for free with a shade 1 foundation (which was perfect) and told me to just keep the shade 2. I gave that to my mother, who loves it, too!