Watermelon and Arugula Bowl Recipe
Laura, our Head of Marketing, was looking for something that was easy to make and easy to pack for a picnic. She wanted something healthy yet filling and "summery". She turned to "Plant Power Bowls" by Sapana Chandra for some inspiration. The KG team met Sapana last year and everyone fell in love with her and this book.
Laura instantly became a huge fan of this and wanted to share. Note that she didn't make the cashew dressing but instead just used some good olive oil and lemon.
Watermelon and Arugula Bowl
- 2 Big Handfuls of Arugula
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 cups diced watermelon
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons pepitas
- 1/2 medium lime
- 1/2 cup creamy cashew dressing (recipe down below)
Assemble each bowl. This recipe makes two bowls.
Cream Cashew Dressing
- 1/2 cup of raw cashews, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tables extra-virgin olive oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
Rinse and drain the cashews. In a blender, combine the cashews, waster, lemon juice, oil, salt, and pepper. Blend on high for about 1 minute, until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust the seasoning if desired.
And lastly, ENJOY!