September 11, 2017
- 2 wild salmon filets
- 1/2 lemon, sliced into wedges
- 2 tsp organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp seasoning salt (Herbamare is my favorite)
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1-2 Tbsp Cilantro Macadamia Pesto
- Heat coconut oil in a skillet and over med-high heat until the pan is hot (about 1 minute depending on pan).
- While pan is heating, brush salmon filets (non skin side) with olive oil, squeeze fresh lemon juice over them and dust with seasoning salt.
- Add salmon to pan skin side up. Cook until fish is opaque halfway up the side of the filet.
- Flip filets over and brush filets on top side with remaining olive oil, squeeze lemon juice over them and dust with more seasoning salt if desired. If your seasoning salt is not low-sodium or salt free, one side may be enough, so be careful not to over-salt.
- Cook on second side for about 2 minutes or until the side of the filet is opaque. Remove skin and discard.
- Top with 1-2 Tbsp of Cilantro Pesto. Serve and enjoy!
Note: This recipe works for any type of fish, but cooking time may differ.